Friday, March 7, 2008

The Janmaat Family Genealogy Pages

After an absence of almost two years I am finally back updating the Janmaat Family Web Site. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who noticed this change and who actually made contact to tell me that they appreciated the effort.

Those of you who have ever published a web site will know how much time this activity soaks up, time that otherwise I would be able to spend on my research. On the other hand I wonder where I would be without all the help that I have received from people that have contacted me through the web site!

I have decided to use this blog to keep every body up-to-date about what is happening, not only with the web site, but also with progress of my research into the history of the Janmaat family in general.

If you want to talk back to me, you can either leave a comment on this blog (just move your cursor over the word 'comment' at the bottom of the relevant posting and 'follow your nose' from there) or leave a message in the Guestbook.

The old Guestbook has had the chop as it was generating far too many problems for me with huge numbers of spam e-mails. The new Guestbook is easy to use and has much better security features. You can use it to get in contact with me by ticking the 'private message' box. You can also use it to leave some, hopefully favourable, comments for everybody else to read as well.

I will try and keep this blog interesting by including all sorts of 'bits and pieces'.

Lastly, as I am an avid Andre Rieu fan, there will always be a number of his clips that you can play without having to leave this blog.

No comments: